Find out what are the more common incomes, deductions and tax credits for families and what you need to prepare your return.

Read more


Although most students do not pay any taxes (due to deductions and tax credits), this should not be a reason not to file an Income Tax Return. It’s in the student’s best interest to file a return, as there may be credits available for when he or she finishes studying.

Read more


Running your own business, working from home or selling your own (or others) products: you’re considered a self-employed individual and need to prepare an Income Statement with your Tax Return.

Read more


Looking to start your own business? I’ve been there, and did my homework! Let me help. I can assist you with registering your business name, opening up GST/HST and payroll deductions accounts with CRA, setting up an accounting system and much more!

NUANS Reports

Before approving a new corporate name, most provincial and territorial governments require a Nuans report. The Nuans report is a list of existing corporate and business names, as well as trademarks, that are similar to the one being proposed. A Nuans report helps avoid choosing a name that is already in use.


Commissioner of Oaths

I need to have a document witnessed by a Commissionner of Oaths? We are empowered under provincial law to administer and witness the swearing of oaths or solemn affirmations or declarations in the taking of an affidavit or solemn affirmation or declaration for any potential legal matter. Our fee is $20 per document.

Learn more


Individuals Tax Returns Done Right

Student Package

40$ / Student

  • Student aged 18 to 24
  • Return eFiled to CRA
  • Paper or PDF copy of your return
  • 2-3 slips
  • Maximize tax deductions
  • 1/2 hour of review assistance **

Individual Package

50$ / return

  • 1 Individual
  • Return eFiled to CRA
  • Paper or PDF copy of your return
  • Unlimited slips
  • Maximize tax deductions
  • 1 hour of review assistance **

Family Package

85$ / Family

  • 2 individuals
  • Returns eFiled to CRA
  • Paper or PDF copies of your returns
  • Unlimited slips
  • Maximize tax deductions
  • 1 hour of review assistance **

Home Business

80$ / return

  • Self-employed individuals
  • Return eFiled to CRA
  • Paper or PDF copy of your return
  • Business Schedules
  • Maximize tax deductions
  • Spouse return & bookkeeping not included

Additional services

When assets are sold (investment portfolios, buildings, land, jewellery, cars, etc), these dispositions might trigger a capital gain or loss.

Our fee is $20 per schedule

Learn more about capital gains

For when you incur expenses for your employer (i.e. working from home, mileage, meals, tools, etc). You need form T2200 signed by your employer in order to claim these tax deductions.

Our fee is $20 per schedule

Learn more about employment expenses

When moving to a new city to start a new job or business, you may deduct your moving expenses. Be sure to keep receipts!

Our fee is $20 per schedule

Learn more about moving expenses

There is no “minimal age” or “starting age” for when to start filing an Income Tax return.

When selecting a package, fees for children’s returns are based on their complexity. The fee ranges from $15 to $45.

Learn more about the filing requirements

Can’t get a babysitter? Would be best if we went to you? We can arrange to meet you at your residence. A $5 fee per tax return prepared will apply.

Need help in filing your GST/HST? Our fee for filing GST/HST returns are ⁺$25 per return filed. Bookkeeping is not included.

Learn more about GST/HST

Prices are subject to change without notice and includes GST/HST ** Some limitations apply: Assistance is for reviews performed by the Canada Revenue Agency only; assistance requiring more than the time included in your package will be charged at our hourly rates. Terms are subject to change without notice. ⁺ Per return. Price is subject to change without notice and does not include GST/HST.


Philippe McGraw, B.B.A Accounting

  • 6 years with the Canada Revenue Agency as an Income Tax Auditor
  • 3 years as a Senior Accountant in accounting firm
  • 8+ years with the Université de Moncton teaching Income Tax courses
  • Currently teaching business courses at the Collège Communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB)
  • Comissionner of Oaths for the Province of New-Brunswick

Former Tax Auditor & Senior Accountant

After working as an Auditor with the Canada Revenue Agency for 6 years and 3 years as a Senior Accountant with an accounting firm, I decided to venture out on my own and offer my services.

I can offer training sessions covering a wide range of topics: bookkeeping, accounting basics, personal income taxes, accounting software and more.

With my company, Outside the Box Accounting, I’m able to explore my full potential by offering to my clients, services in accounting, bookkeeping, tax, training and business consulting.

Industry Experience

  • Car dearlerships / repair shops
  • Campgrounds
  • Electrical contractors
  • Building contractors
  • Lawn care / snow removal contractors
  • Golf course
  • Medical practitioners
  • Lawyers / Consultants / Professionals
  • Restaurants
  • Rentals
  • Non-profit organisations
  • Special care / rest homes


  • Personal Income Tax Returns
  • GST/HST Returns / Rules
  • Accounting & Bookkeeping
  • Business Startup
  • Training & Mentoring
  • Accounting & Small Business Technologies

2016 Tax filing
deadline countdown


Death of a loved one

Uncategorized | 0 comments

We have prepared this list to help executor in dealing with the tax affairs of the deceased individual and make sure nothing gets missed. Note: This is not an extensive list and Outside the Box Accounting Inc. cannot be held liable for any missing or outdated information. In addition, we are not lawyers, and the […]


Uncategorized | 0 comments

Common types of income for families Employment income (T4) RRSP withdrawals (T4RSP) Self-employed commissions (T4A) Fees for services (T4A) Investment income (T5, T3) Securities transactions (T5008) Self-employment income / business income Common deductions and credits for families RRSP Contributions (slip issued by financial institution) Child care expenses (receipt issued by provider) Moving expenses (keep all […]


Uncategorized | 0 comments

As mentioned, self-employed individuals are required to file an Income Statement with their Income Tax Return. Form T2125 is the most common one used, although agriculture and fishing ventures have their own version of this form. Keeping Track of Income and Expenses Throughout the tax year (January 1st to December 31st), you need to maintain […]


Uncategorized | 0 comments

Advantages in filing a return As mentioned, it’s in the student’s best interest to file an Income Tax Return every year – even if there is no tax payable or any income to be taxed. The reason is pretty simple. Well, actually, there are two reasons! GST/HST credit In order to receive the GST/HST credit […]

Start the process

Send us a message


“Good service and advice, would recommend to all.”

PaulSatisfied Customer

“We were very impressed by the quick, straight forward and professional service. Fair pricing for our personal income taxes to be filed will keep us working with Outside the Box Accounting in the future. Thank you, Philippe!”

Christien & NicoleSatisfied Customers